I know I say I’m going to review recipes somewhere on this website, but that is hard to do when I can’t share them with you. Most of the new recipes I try come from one amazing source, The Complete Cooking For Two Cookbook by American Test Kitchen.
This cookbook is very easy to follow and understand. Even my older brother who “can burn water” tried a recipe the other day. He texted me a few times freaking out about this and that but he had a beautiful and “pretty good” meal afterwards.
I keep a list of things I can cook on the refrigerator so that we don’t forget all the delicious possibilities when we plan for the upcoming week. A good portion of the things I cook are from this book, adapted for my picky husband or children.
Some of my favorite recipes include:
- Beef and Barley Soup
- Lamb Gyro
- Lentil Soup
- Potato, Leek, & Kielbasa Soup (I like soup, okay?!)
- Meaty Skillet Lasagna
- It has a fancier name but it’s basically Chicken and Spaghetti with mushrooms. Soooo good.
- Steak and Red Potatoes (again has a fancier name but I’m drooling just thinking about it)
- Roasted Chicken with Brussel Sprouts
- Crispy Chicken Breasts
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Chop – This is my husbands all time favorite and he asks for it all the time.
There are lots of side recipes and 3 dessert chapters if you count quick breads (like banana bread). Speaking of dessert, their banana bread is pretty good but their Brownies…. I don’t have the eloquence to describe something so beautiful. And their chocolate chip cookies are delicious and only make 12 so my husband and I don’t eat too many.
Ah this book… I recommend it to everyone that talks to me about cooking.
Time for breakfast now!