I was going to make bacon-wrapped chicken, but we ended up using most of our bacon for other things this week. What’s a gal to do but cook anyways?
It turns out it is just as delicious and so much easier to cook your bacon with your chicken than to wrap the chicken inside of it.
This recipe takes approximately 15-20 minutes, and feeds as many people as you are willing to share with. (4-6 People)
- Bacon – 4 Slices
- Chicken – 2 breasts
- Salt and Pepper
- Other favorite spices
- Cut Bacon into large chunks.
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, fennel seeds, Mrs. Dash or whatever you feel like over your chicken.
- Add both to frying pan and cook over medium high heat until the chicken looks wrinkly and safe to eat.
- If you like your bacon a little more crisp, you could put the bacon in a minute or two before the chicken. At that point you could also drain some of the bacon fat out of the pan and pretend that we are healthy eaters.
Enjoy! I served mine with steamed carrots and cauliflower, and mashed potatoes and everyone loved it.