Thank you to Priya for nominating me for the Liebster Award, it was kind of you to think of me.
The Liebster Award is for new blogs (less than 200 followers) that are noteworthy, and I am happy to qualify. The rules are as follows:
- Acknowledge the blog/s who nominated you and display the award
- Answer the eleven question that the blogger gives you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate up to eleven other blogs that you think are deserving of this award (with less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
- What are your interests other than what you blog about? I like to play tennis. It’s been a good year for me, because I have gotten to play 3 times so far.
- What is your dessert island book? If I knew I would land on a desert I would hope to have a photo album of my family so that I can draw strength and hope from my will to get back to them.
- Tell me something you want to do but can’t and why not? Be a super smart and effective detective like Nikki Heat. This seems unlikely because I don’t think that I am that smart or young enough to work my way through the police academy and lower jobs. Also I probably don’t have the stomach for it in reality, and my kids need me at home.
- Which person motivates you the most? My husband, even though sometimes his expectations seem unreasonable. I want to the be the person he thinks I am.
- What are your favourite writer, genre and book? I don’t think I have a favorite. I like so many books but I don’t like to spend my time re-reading anything when there are so many new books that could be just as or even more wonderful.
- Do you have any life changing incident? If yes, please share. Birth, Marriage, Kids…just the usual.
- What are the things you like and don’t like about yourself? I can be a little too ambivalent but I’m also very good at compromise.
- Your favourite song, singer and album? Favorite, Schmavorite. It depends on my mood. Lately I really like Fiona Apple’s “The Idler Wheel….”
- Which is your ideal blog that you follow and admire the most? Sara at Happiness is Here who encourages people to try unschooling and respectful parenting. She makes it all seem so right and possible, even though in real life I don’t have the strength and courage to commit 100% to the cause. That probably renders the whole thing moot, but change takes time.
- If you could turn your real life into a book life (like what happens in the book will happen in real life) which book will you choose and why? It would be a boring book where everyone I love stays healthy and lives a long a happy life.
- Things you don’t like about me or my blog? I have no complaints.
- I don’t have a middle name.
- I had a pedicure for the first time this year, I think, and now my toes are pink.
- In the shower, I sometimes imagine what my day would be like if I were still single and 22. Oh how much I would lay on the couch and read. And watch Law and Order.
- I miss working, but not enough to go back. (Raising kids is work, though.)
- I was an accountant, but I am bad at doing math in my head.
- I hate spiders.
- I love going to the zoo and aquarium. Animals are amazing.
- I’m almost always cold.
- I’ve been having trouble sleeping lately.
- I have a fear of heights.
- The zucchini in my front yard is going crazy but I don’t want to eat that much zucchini and they are prickly and it makes me mad. Last year they weren’t prickly and it was so much less painful to work with.
I actually only follow 16 blogs right now and most of them have been established and thriving for some time. As a stay at home mom with two small, rambunctious, kids it is hard to prioritize what I do in my free time, but reading books almost always wins out over other things.
So in no particular order, I have enjoyed posts from the following baby blogs:
…and that’s it. I can’t even counter nominate Priya anymore, she’s had some growth the last few weeks because her blog is beautiful.
If you know someone who would qualify for this award, feel free to drop a comment below and nominate them on my behalf.
Well, Hannah, here are your questions.
- What is Boba anyways? You talk about it a lot but I have never had it before.
- What is your favorite literary technique? I’m guessing alliteration because of the theme to your website.
- Would you rather eat 3 cookies or a slice of cake?
- What is the most difficult meal you know how to cook from memory?
- Which animal inspires you the most?
- Would you rather live in a tree or underground?
- What color is your dream car?
- Would you rather have a large yard or large open living space?
- What is the last song you heard?
- How long is your To Be Read list?
- What is the last card or board game you played?
That’s it. Thank you for the nomination again, and Happy Reading!