Classic / Children’s Series
What is it about?
This is book 6 in the series and Laura and her family must survive a long, cold, hard winter.
Was it good?
It was in keeping with the rest of the Little House series. (I enjoyed it.) It seemed like Laura got a bit depressed during the endless hard winter months which made the whole book feel more depressing than the others. And yet, the family still worked together and proved how love and determination can overcome almost any hardship. It is a worthy addition to the series.
- Little House in the Big Woods – 4/5 Panthers
- Little House on the Prairie – 5/5 Papooses
- Farmer Boy – Did Not Read (Almanzo Wilder Story)
- On the Banks of Plum Creek – 5/5 Christmas Candles
- By the Shores of Silver Lake – 4/5 Horses
- The Long Winter – 4/5 Blizzards
- Little Town on the Prairie
- These Happy Golden Years
- The First Four Years
By the way….
I’m having the C-Section for baby number 3 tomorrow morning. You may not hear from me for a while but feel free to friend me on Goodreads so you can see what I am reading! I WILL be reading, because how else will I stay awake long enough to feed the little person? Or keep my sanity?