Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is…
Top Ten Longest Books Read
- Jane Austen the Complete Works – 2,238 pages – 5/5 – I love Jane Austen. Enough said.
- The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5) by Diana Gabaldon – 1,456 pages – All of the Outlander books are HUGE, so I’m not going to list the other ones individually. I loved them the first time around, even if I had to break up reading them into more manageable chunks. I’m guessing I gave an average of 4/5.
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice – 1,207 pages. Ugh I hated this one, I should have DNF’d it but I powered through it even though it took MONTHS. Anne Rice’s style is just not for me.
- A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin – 1,177 pages. This is book 3 in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones), which are all huge tomes of epic fantasy. (4/5) If you look at my goodreads list you will just see this series alternating with the Outlander series for longest books for a while. Let me skip ahead…
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss – 994 beautiful pages. There’s a reason that fans of Rothfuss are loyally waiting 10 + years for the third book to be completed. This whole series is worth it.
- Pandora’s Star by Peter F. Hamilton – 992 pages – I gave this 3/5 but I don’t remember anything about it now.
- Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett – 973 pages – I also gave this 3/5 and I very slightly remember I finally learned how to pronounce the world quarry and they built a church or something. Unfortunately the story felt like it was long and slow.
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King – 866 pages – 5/5 – This was my first Stephen King and I LOVED IT!
- Voyage by Stephen Baxter – 788 pages – 4/5 – This was a very realistic alternate history about NASA trying to get us to Mars.
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tart – 771 pages – 3/5 – I did not like this as much as everyone else in the book club at the time and I only remember there was a painting and I was annoyed by the main character.
Apparently since I started keeping track on Goodreads, February 2013, I have read over 60 books with more than 600 pages. Yowza.